Systems and Technical Design
Through Rust We Are Returned
• Designed a turn-based tactical combat loop.
• Encouraged reactive playstyles by adding telegraphed attacks and environmental hazards.
• Managed a team of designers.
• Worked with programming and art teams to maintain scope of the project and ensure good communication.
Soul Reaper | Technical and UX Design Intern
• Monster-collection RPG for PC, Mac, PS4, and Nintendo Switch, developed in Unity.
• Programmed menu and combat functionality in C# and handled implementation of new systems.
• Reworked existing long-term progression systems, including monster collection, gearing, and levelling.
• Worked on strategies to drive player engagement with the narrative and long-term progression systems.
OASYS | Systems & Level Designer
• Developed an easily expandable set of puzzle mechanics to form the core of gameplay
• Designed environments to enhance the narrative of the game and incorporate puzzle mechanics.
Meridian | Solo Developer
• Created a unique shader system that could interact with the world based on color.
• Developed a narrative about a young woman reconnecting with the natural world through the stories of her grandparents.
• Designed a variety of different systems to work in concert, including sailing and puzzle-solving mechanics.